Wick Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Wick Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Wick
Wick may not be the northernmost airport in the whole of the UK, but it is certainly the mainland’s most northerly – and for people living in the north-eastern part of Scotland, it provides a way to reach the cities of Aberdeen and Edinburgh without the need for lengthy train journeys.
To cut even more time from your journey to or from Wick Airport (also known as Wick John O’Groats Airport), why not book a taxi? Airport Cars UK has a fleet of vehicles ready and waiting – and booking one of them takes hardly any time at all.
Getting to and from Wick Airport
Located a little over a mile north of the town, Wick Airport is just off the A99, offering easy access by taxi for the people of Wick and the surrounding areas.
Our drivers also have a comprehensive knowledge of the network of smaller roads in the Highlands, so wherever you are, you can have confidence that they will always allow sufficient time to pick you up and get you to Wick well in time for your flight.
To book your car, just scroll upwards and fill in our journey calculator, which takes just a few minutes – or, if it’s too late to make an advance booking, give us a call on +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and speak to one of our friendly, helpful dispatchers.
Top 10 things to do in Wick
1) Explore the town, whose history is rooted in its time under Norwegian rule! Have a bite to eat after your flight, enjoy a drink in one of the pubs, and have a walk around. See the three harbours, too.
2) While you’re there, see Pulteneytown, on the south side of the river, and visit the Old Pulteney whisky distillery – take a tour and browse the gift shop!
3) Have your photo taken by the signpost at John O’Groats, which is the most northerly point on the mainland – well, almost. The true northernmost place is actually Dunnet Head – you can always take a trip there, too!
4) You can also see Scotland’s Haven, a natural harbour – if you’re lucky, you might see some seals here!
5) Also in the area is the Castle of Mey, which is where HM Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother used to spend her summers. Why not explore its interior and its beautiful gardens?
6) If you’re into birdwatching, you’re in for a treat at the Loch of Mey – whooper swans and greylag geese fly here in winter from Iceland and Greenland!
7) On the subject of lochs, just a few miles east of Thurso is St John’s Loch, which is popular with anglers. Plenty of trout here – as well as a nearby campsite.
8) Be sure to see the Castle of Old Wick, a ruin of one of Scotland’s oldest castles. It’s on a cliff edge, so be careful!
9) Back in Wick town centre, a curiosity awaits you: the world’s shortest street! It’s called Ebenezer Place and it measures just 6ft 9in.
10) Finally, if you have a bit more time in the area, why not take a trip to Orkney? You can get to the islands in 40 minutes by ferry from John O’Groats!
Airport Transfers Wick
If you’ve just got in from Edinburgh or Aberdeen, you might be heading somewhere else to continue your journey – in which case, a taxi is ideal. Make your booking with us and we will handle your Wick airport transfer to any of the following transport hubs!
Transfer Time from Wick Airport
Inverness Airport 111 miles (180-190 minutes)
Inverness Rail Station 104 miles (140-150 minutes)
Wick Railway Station 1.5 miles (10 minutes)
John O’Groats Ferry Terminal 17 miles (30-35 minutes)
If you need to go somewhere else – somewhere that isn’t listed above – we can also help you. It doesn’t matter how remote it is – if there’s a road, Airport Cars UK will get you there. Why not make your booking now?