Weymouth Ferry Terminal Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Weymouth Ferry Terminal Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Weymouth
From Weymouth, travellers can reach destinations in the Channel Islands and France: ferries regularly run to St Helier, Jersey and St Peter Port, Guernsey, as well as St Malo, in Brittany (via Guernsey).
Weymouth has excellent transport links, so booking a taxi with Airport Cars UK is the ideal way to deal with that important first leg of your trip: getting to the ferry terminal!
Getting to and from Weymouth Ferry Terminal
Eight miles south of Dorchester, Weymouth is just off the A354. Other A-roads are within easy reach, and the port is a little over an hour’s drive from Junction 25 of the M5 at Taunton.
The drivers at Airport Cars UK all have excellent knowledge of the network of roads in Dorset and the whole of the West Country, so you can be assured of a hassle-free journey to or from Weymouth when you choose us.
To book your car, simply scroll up to the journey calculator above or call our team of dispatchers on +44 (0) 330 088 2222 now!
Top 10 things to do in Weymouth
If you’re spending some time here before or after your trip, why not take in some of the surroundings?
2) Weymouth has three miles of beach, so if it’s a glorious day, indulge in a spot of sunbathing or try your hand at some volleyball. If not, you will still have a great opportunity for a leisurely stroll!
3) About five miles south of Weymouth is the Isle of Portland, which is part of a World Heritage Site: the Jurassic Coast. Explore this picturesque place – you might even see some rare sea birds.
4) Walk along Chesil Beach, a shingle beach measuring some 18 miles from Portland to West Bay. This is perhaps one of the best-known parts of the Jurassic Coast.
5) While you’re in Portland, visit the Portland Museum and learn about the island’s stone industry and maritime history.
6) Another Jurassic Coast site worth a visit – and there are many – is Lulworth Cove, which attracts half a million visitors each year. When you see it, you will understand why. Don’t forget your camera!
8) Also on the Isle of Purbeck is Swanage, which has a beach and all the attractions you would expect to find at a beach resort – so relax on the beach, take a boat ride, or have a go at some watersports!
9) Get a great view of Weymouth and the surrounding areas by going to the Sea Life Tower, the top of which stands 174 feet high. The tower rotates, so you can sit and relax while you get a panoramic view!
10) Go towards Dorchester, a few miles north of Weymouth, and see Maiden Castle. This is an Iron Age hill fort that was laid out in 600 BC, and is one of the largest in Europe. This is a great place for a walk and, unsurprisingly, some stunning views!
Ferry Transfers Weymouth
Whether you’ve been to France or the Channel Islands for business or pleasure, you might need to make a connection as soon as your ferry pulls into Weymouth. If so, Airport Cars UK can help you with your Weymouth ferry transfer! We will take you from the ferry terminal to your train, bus, or plane – and we’ll get you there on time.
Transfer Time from Weymouth
Bristol Airport 68 miles (120-130 minutes)
Bournemouth Airport 40 miles (60-70 minutes)
Exeter Airport 54 miles (90-100 minutes)
London Gatwick Airport 145 miles (160-170 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 119 miles (130-140 minutes)
Southampton Airport 63 miles (90-100 minutes)
Plymouth Ferry Terminal 100 miles (140-150 minutes)
Portsmouth Ferry Terminal 81 miles (100-110 minutes)
Southampton Ferry and Cruise Terminals 64 miles (90-100 minutes)
Dorchester South Rail Station 9 miles (20-25 minutes)
Dorchester West Rail Station 9 miles (20-25 minutes)
Weymouth Rail Station 0.7 mile (10-15 minutes)
It’s also possible that you might be on your way to a meeting, a hotel, or home – and we can also get you there! Just tell us where you need to go, and when you need your car, and we’ll have it ready and waiting for you.