Terms of Booking
Key points and definitions
- ‘Airport Cars UK’ and ‘https://www.airportcars-uk.com’ are trading devices of qSkies Limited registered in England number 09096885 whose office is at Suites 5/6, The Printworks, Ribble Valley Enterprise Park, Hey Road, Barrow, Clitheroe, United Kingdom BB7 9WB.
- By using or booking through our service you are ‘the Customer’ or ‘you’.
- ‘Airport Cars UK’ is a taxi Transport booking agency operating through an online platform with telephone support, also referred here as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
- ‘Airport Cars UK’ does not own or operate any taxis but instead acts as agent for the taxi operator that will supply the taxi Transport services to you, known here as ‘the Services’. The third-party taxi operator is referred to here as the ‘Transport Partner’.
- The full details of the taxi operator will be provided to you before your taxi service is supplied.
- Airport Cars UK offers three types of airport taxi Transport services: shared Transports, private Transports and VIP Transports.
- The price quoted is the price for which you will receive the service. You have nothing more to pay for that booking. If you make the booking then want to revise the booking then this might reduce or increase the overall cost of the booking accordingly
- Journeys from the specified pick up point to the specified destination entered.
- Collecting you at the pick up time entered. (When entering a pick up time, you must ensure that you leave adequate time to reach the destination and in the case of airports to accommodate check-in requirements).
- The number of passengers specified only.
- Meet and greet service when the pick up point is an airport 30 minutes after your plane has landed to a maximum of 45 minutes waiting time.
- Return journey if stated.
- Carriage of the number of luggage items specified in your booking request.
Services do not include:
- Waiting time outside the meet and greet service. If you have such a request simply let us know in advance to avoid any additional charges
- Detours from the journey entered.
- Carrying more passengers than you specified.
- Excess and oversize luggage (see Luggage section).
- Costs of cleaning a vehicle due to passenger fouling.
- Parking costs, with the exception of the meet and greet service.
- Any other road charges.
- Tips for the driver (at your discretion).
- Additional charges incurred for the above items must be settled directly with the driver.
- The amount of luggage must not exceed what you specified in the booking request. If you do exceed your request then you may be charged for additional Services supplied.
- When you have oversize bags or multiple suitcases please contact Airport Cars UK beforehand to make sure they can be accommodated, surcharges may apply.
- In the event that a larger vehicle is required to transport the excess/oversize luggage the passenger will be required to cover the additional cost.
- When excess/oversize luggage has not been declared beforehand then Airport Cars UK or the Transport Partner reserves the right to charge for the excess baggage or refuse to transport the items.
- Airport Cars UK produces vouchers for all bookings, which are sent to you by email to following the completion of your booking request.
- It is one voucher for the entire party travelling and it also covers the return trip when reserved as part of the same booking.
- The voucher contains your journey details, the Transport Partner’s details and your unique voucher number.
- Print the voucher and have it available to show to the driver.
- Prices for Services are calculated automatically using the detail that you provide to us for the pick-up and destination addresses. Prices vary according region, the day of the journey, national holidays being in force, time of the day on which the service is delivered and how far in advance you book. Amending a booking and changing any of the pricing factors may result in a change to the overall price that you pay.
- An additional administrative fee will apply a charge for travel request through our telephone service, amending a booking or both. The administrative fee is published online and known to you before you use these options.
- Our Transport Partners monitor flight arrivals and will alert the driver of any delays accordingly.
- For journeys to or from a train station or sea port then you or the passenger must contact the Transport Partner using the contact details we provided to inform them of known delays. Not doing so may incur additional charges for excess waiting time.
Circumstances beyond our control may arise on the requested route for which Airport Cars UK accepts no liability. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Exceptional weather conditions.
- Accidents and related delays.
- Criminal or terrorist activity.
- Unplanned marches, demonstrations and organised disruptions.
- Unforeseen road hazards.
- Police operations.
- Customer safety.
- Unforeseen traffic delays.
If you cancel your booking request:
- You or the passenger must notify Airport Cars UK as early as possible. This will minimise the inconvenience, cost and expense to all parties involved.
- You must notify us in one of the following ways:
- Send an email to Customer Service email@example.com
- Telephoning customer services on 0330 088 2222
- Unless specifically instructed the cancellation of an outward journey will automatically cancel the return journey where a return journey was reserved as part of the same booking.
- Airport Cars UK will endeavour to process all cancellations and subsequent refunds (of prepaid bookings) in a timely and efficient manner. Customers must bear in mind that Airport Cars UK incurs credit card processing fees for both payments and refunds and as such must apply the following policies for pre-paid reservations. Airport Cars UK works with Transport Partners and these refund conditions strive to be equitable and fair to all parties.
- Airport Cars UK will:
- Apply an administration fee of 20% of the fare per cancellation.
- Make a refund only to the person who has paid the fare and on the credit/debit card of original payment.
- Issue a refund less the administration fee and any additional costs that may occur for all bookings cancelled up to 24 hours prior to the date for which the service has been reserved.
- Pay a refund after Airport Cars UK receives it from the relevant Transport Partner.
- Make a full refund where the vehicle does not arrive as reserved, however passenger must allow up to 20 minutes to cover unforeseen circumstances before passenger makes alternative arrangements. It is the passenger’s responsibility to contact the Transport Partner on the telephone number that was supplied when booking was confirmed. In cases where no call is made and the passenger uses alternative arrangements, within the 20 minutes time allowance, no refund will be made.
- Make partial refunds if notification of a cancellation is received within 24 hours of the pick up time and will be subject to allocated Transport Partner’s status regarding fulfilment of the booking, e.g. vehicle has not been dispatched, loss of additional business can be directly associated to the cancellation.
- All other circumstances will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Airport Cars UK will not refund in the following circumstances:
- If the passenger does not show up for pre-paid journeys.
- If cancellation of a booking is made on the day of travel or afterwards.
- If the Transport Partner or Airport Cars UK Customer Service have not received any notification/calls from the passenger and they are not present when the vehicle arrives.
- Shared Transports is proposed as a no refund product, any refunds awarded will be at the sole discretion of Airport Cars UK.
- All other circumstances where a refund may be possible should be addressed directly with Airport Cars UK at firstname.lastname@example.org to follow our dispute resolution process.
Where we cancel the booking request:
- Failure to supply the correct credit or debit card information may result in the cancellation of your booking request.
- Airport Cars UK reserves the right to cancel bookings when it cannot arrange for a Transport Partner to provide the vehicle type or the Service requested at the time and day required.
Alterations to the Terms and Conditions
- Airport Cars UK reserves the right to alter or vary these terms and conditions at its absolute discretion upon giving reasonable notice to Airport Cars UK and without prejudice to the generality or the aforesaid Airport Cars UK reserves the right to change the costs for the service. Changes to the current terms and conditions can only be made by a representative of Airport Cars UK to you in writing.
- This agreement contains all the terms agreed by the parties regarding the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings or arrangements between them, whether oral or in writing, and no representation undertaking or promise shall be taken to have been given or be implied from anything said or written prior to this agreement except as expressly set out in this agreement.
Processing your transport request:
- Following your online booking request we will send an e-mail confirming the status of your request.
- We will then provide you with the details of the Transport Partner that will fulfil your booking, also known as your ‘Voucher’.
- In the very unlikely event that any Transport Partner is unable to fulfil your request we will send you an e-mail to advise.
- In the unlikely event that you do not hear from us, you should contact us, as this might mean that our emails are being trapped in your junk/spam filter.
Payment for Services
- Booking requests through our online tool or through our telephone support are prepaid.
- For arrangements with corporate customers for deferred payment the following shall apply:
- It is a condition of this agreement that invoices shall be paid in full within 30 days of issue thereof. Should any invoice not be paid within 30 days any outstanding invoices shall immediately become due and payable.
- We will add 3% each month to the previous month’s outstanding balance.
- You shall not be entitled for any reason to withhold payment due to us for any reason including where you are in dispute with us in respect of the Services.
- Airport Cars UK does not guarantee to successfully place every request. This event is highly unlikely to occur but you should understand and accept that this is possible.
- In order to ensure that we supply you with the best Services we might change the Transport Partner following confirmation of your booking. You will be notified if we make such a change.
- Shared Transports are available on limited routes between a number of airports and city centres.
- It is a door-to-door service where you pay for a seat for each member of your party and share the Transport with others.
- You and your fellow passengers will travel in comfort to your respective destinations in the shortest route possible.
In the case of airport pick-ups:
- Waiting time may occur while the driver collects all booked passengers as they arrive, allowances will be made for flight delays, clearing immigration and claiming baggage. Waiting time should not exceed 1 hour.
- As different meeting points are used in the various airports, you will receive clear meeting point directions in your confirmation email applicable to your arrival airport terminal.
- Similarly, pick-ups to go to airports will be scheduled and confirmed to ensure you get to the airport in adequate time for check-in.
- Private Transports are offered throughout the UK covering every postcode.
- You and your party will not share the vehicle with any other passengers.
- In case of airport pick-ups your driver will be waiting for you as you exit the baggage hall with the principle passenger’s name on a name-board.
- You can select an executive chauffeur driven car on all main routes and urban areas, Airport Cars UK will automatically offer the service when available on your route.
- You will be met at the pick up point by one of our many experienced chauffeurs and arrive at your destination in comfort and style.
- The parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Airport Cars UK asks for some personal information to be provided such as passenger name, email address and contact phone number in order to process the booking.
- Airport Cars UK needs the passenger name to pass onto the Transport Partner who may use this for any meet and greet service.
- Airport Cars UK needs the email address to send confirmation of the booking, for customer service emails and to send registration details to make future bookings even quicker. Airport Cars UK may send updates regarding any changes to Airport Cars UK services in the future.
- Airport Cars UK require the passenger contact telephone number, so the Transport Partner can make contact on their arrival at the pick up point or customer services may call the passenger with regards to details of the booking.
- When making a payment online, these details are sent to Airport Cars UK ‘s credit card payment processor.
- Airport Cars UK do not collect or store any credit card information.
- Airport Cars UK will not sell or pass on any information to a third party, with the exception of essential booking information to the Transport Partner or Airport Cars UK’s credit card payment processor in order to execute the booking request effectively. By placing a request for Transport services the passenger consents to Airport Cars UK passing on such limited details.
- Airport Cars UK use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology to ensure the privacy of the information provided. At no time is the passenger’s debit/credit card details transmitted un-encrypted over the Internet. We also operate behind a firewall to ensure there is no unauthorised access to the system.
- The user must provide a valid and correct passenger name, telephone number and email address when placing a booking. Airport Cars UK does not accept any responsibility for any errors and subsequent miscommunication as a result.