Swansea Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Swansea Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Swansea Airport
Mention the word “airport” to anyone and they will probably think of a place where people board planes to go on holiday or take a business trip.
Things are different at Swansea Airport, located on the Gower Peninsula in South Wales. It used to handle domestic and European flights, but today, it is the domain of private aircraft and light helicopters, as well as being one of the bases for the Wales Air Ambulance.
If you’re using Swansea Airport, you won’t have to fight through crowds and wait in line to check in, and that gift for your hosts at the other end will probably have been bought well in advance.
But everyone has a schedule to keep, and a safe and comfortable journey to Swansea Airport will set you up for a pleasant helicopter ride or pilot training session – so book your taxi with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from Swansea Airport
The airport is six miles west of Swansea, which means it is easily accessible from the M4 – it’s just a half-hour drive from Junction 42, so a taxi is the perfect way to get there.
You can book your taxi with Airport Cars UK by inputting the relevant details into the journey calculator above, or giving us a call on +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and talking to a dispatcher.
Top 10 things to do in Swansea
If you’re spending some time in Swansea, there are numerous attractions in the city for you to enjoy. Do be sure to spread your wings outside the city centre, because there’s the glorious Gower Peninsula – and much more!
1) The National Waterfront Museum celebrates the history of Wales, exploring its industrial and maritime past as well as its social history. Plenty of exhibits here – and interactive technology, too!
2) Swansea’s most famous son – Dylan Thomas, the poet – is also honoured in the city. Visit the Dylan Thomas Centre and see the permanent exhibition or attend one of the events.
3) Sun, sea and surf lovers will be delighted by a trip to Swansea Bay, because there are myriad beaches here: the award-winning Rhossili Bay Beach, the pebbled Pwll Du Bay Beach, and the beautiful Broughton Bay Beach, to name but three!
4) It’s not just outdoor watersports that you can participate in here – if you fancy a swim indoors, go to the LC Leisure Complex. Try the climbing wall, too!
5) Go to Swansea Grand Theatre for a play, panto, or comedy show. Catch one of the lunchtime theatre productions on a Saturday!
6) Check out Oystermouth Castle. This Norman fort, on the Gower Peninsula, is an impressive stone ruin that underwent conservation and reopened in 2011. Well worth a visit if you’re in the area.
7) At the beginning of Gower is Mumbles, a headland settlement renowned for its seafood, scenery, and shops. Oh, and ice-cream, too – surely an essential part of any seaside trip!
8) Wander away from the coast and you will find many rural delights, including the Lower Lliw Reservoir. Go for a walk around it and soak up the scenery.
9) Seek sanctuary in Clyne Gardens. These botanical gardens are home to many beautiful flowers (which you can see in full bloom in May), as well as the tallest magnolia in Britain.
10) See a game of football or rugby, or attend an event, at Liberty Stadium! Tours are available for those who want to take a look behind the scenes.
Airport Transfers Swansea
If you’re going somewhere else after you’ve used Swansea Airport, why not let one of our taxis get you there? Take the stress out of finding your own way to your next connection with Airport Cars UK, whose drivers handle airport transfers throughout the country every day!
Transfer Time from Swansea Airport
Bristol Airport 96 miles (120 minutes)
Cardiff Airport 57 miles (70-80 minutes)
Swansea Rail Station 6.5 miles (20 minutes)
Cardiff Central Rail Station 55 miles (70 minutes)
Fishguard Ferry Terminal 76 miles (100-110 minutes)
Of course, because of the way Swansea Airport is used, there’s every chance that you might need a taxi from there to a business meeting or conference. Wherever you’re going within the area, Airport Cars UK will drive you there. Give us a call or scroll up to use the journey calculator!