Southampton Cruise Terminals Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Southampton Cruise Terminals Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Southampton
If you’re going on a cruise, there’s no place quite like Southampton to begin your journey – there are four terminals, and a fifth one is due to open in 2015!
The four active terminals are:
- Queen Elizabeth II Terminal
- Mayflower Terminal
- City Terminal
- Ocean Terminal
No fewer than fourteen ships, plus the liner Queen Mary 2, are based at Southampton – cruises on these ships are provided by Celebrity Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, and Royal Caribbean. In addition to this, a range of other operators sail from Southampton, so if you’re thinking of going on a cruise, you’re spoilt for choice here.
Once you’ve chosen your cruise, there’s one vital element of your holiday that you really need to think about, and that is: how do you get to your cruise ship?
Don’t spend valuable time looking at train timetables or looking for somewhere near the terminals to park your car while you’re away. Instead, book a taxi with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from Southampton Cruise Terminals
A major British port, Southampton has excellent road links, and this means that getting a taxi to your terminal is by far the best way to begin your cruise holiday.
The cruise terminals are all situated close to the A33, which joins the M271 at Redbridge, near Totton. The M271 joins the M27, which affords easy access from all over the South of England.
It doesn’t matter where you’re coming from (or indeed, going to, if you’ve just returned from a cruise), because our drivers have superb knowledge of the road network in and around Southampton – so why not secure your booking now?
Arrange for your car to be where you need it by filling in the relevant details in the journey calculator above, or alternatively, call +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and speak to a dispatcher. Don’t forget to tell them which terminal your ship is leaving from!
Top 10 things to do in Southampton
1) Take a walk! Cruise ships are large, but there’s nothing quite like a walk in the city – and there are lots of points of interest in Southampton. Of course, the city is famous for the Titanic, the ship that set sail from here in 1912 (and, sadly, sank).
2) It’s not all about the Titanic, of course – Southampton’s maritime history is vast, and you can explore this at the SeaCity Museum.
3) Another great cultural attraction here is the Southampton City Art Gallery, where you can see a lot of contemporary British art – and if you have time to catch a show, there’s the O2 Guildhall and the Mayflower Theatre.
4) Take a trip back to the medieval era at the Medieval Merchant’s House! It’s just a short distance from the terminals, and a great opportunity to see a Grade I listed building that’s been restored and furnished with replica period items.
5) If you’re looking for shops, you won’t be disappointed at WestQuay, because there are more than 100 here – and the mall’s close to the terminals, too. Grab some lunch from one of the food outlets!
7) Mayflower Park is a great spot for a bit of open space to stretch your legs. Again, it’s very close to the terminals – but those who have the time to travel further for green space can try the Royal Victoria Country Park, which has plenty of wildlife.
8) Why not take a trip to Hythe? If you’ve not had enough of being on a boat, you might find it interesting – you get there by ferry (a very short journey!) from Southampton and when you get there, you can walk along the pier or take the narrow-gauge railway to Hythe itself.
9) If you’d prefer to indulge your love of planes instead, go to Solent Sky, a museum that celebrates Hampshire’s important role in aviation. The Spitfire was developed in Southampton!
10) For a really great adventure out in the open, go to the New Forest National Park. There’s no shortage of stunning landscape here, so get your camera ready!
Cruise Transfers Southampton
When your ship docks at Southampton and you disembark, you might not have finished your journey – you might be on your way to catch a plane somewhere, or board a train. You might even need to get another ferry from a different port!
Whatever it is, you can let Airport Cars UK handle your transfer – we can get you where you need to go.
Transfer Time from Southampton Cruise Terminals
Bournemouth Airport 30 miles (35-40 minutes)
Bristol Airport 113 miles (120-130 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 63 miles (60-70 minutes)
Southampton Airport 6 miles (20 minutes)
Southampton Central Rail Station 2 miles (10 minutes)
Poole Ferry Terminal 38 miles (50-60 minutes)
Portsmouth Ferry Terminal 20 miles (30-35 minutes)
If you are at your journey’s end, then we can get you home – or, if you’re staying in a hotel in Southampton, we’ll take you there! In fact, we can take you wherever you want to go, so just contact us via the journey calculator or by phone and make your booking!
Southampton to Heathrow airport transfer from £90.00