Robin Hood Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Robin Hood Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Robin Hood Airport
With annual passenger numbers coming in below a million, Robin Hood Airport, south-east of Doncaster, is certainly not as busy as some airports in the UK.
Nevertheless, the airport (named, of course, after the famous local folk hero) fulfils a useful role as a provider of seasonal flights to European destinations, mainly in Spain and Poland – and there are flights to many destinations available all year round, largely through Thomson Airways and Wizz Air.
If you’re flying from Robin Hood, or into it, you will be anxious to arrive on time. There’s nothing more annoying than missing your flight or hanging around the airport, wondering how you can get to your hotel or next port of call – but if you choose Airport Cars UK to take care of your journey, you won’t have to worry about this at all! Our taxi will be with you when you want it to be.
Getting to and from Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport
Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire are all served by Robin Hood Airport, which is close to the M18 and M180 motorways, as well as the A1, M1, and M62. The final part of any journey to the airport, or the first part when leaving, is via the A614.
Whether or not you have knowledge of the local roads, it’s always a great idea to get a taxi to the airport, especially if you have a lot of cases to carry – after all, who wants to go through the rigmarole of finding a parking space, and then carting heavy luggage to the terminal? Just go to the journey calculator above, input your details, and arrange your taxi with Airport Cars UK – or call us on +44 (0) 330 088 2222.
Top 10 things to do near Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport
There’s plenty to do if you’re spending some time in this part of Yorkshire. Here are some suggestions!
2) See the horses run at Doncaster Racecourse – and enjoy a top-class meal while you’re there. It’s an ideal venue for events, too.
3) If you prefer to see animals in a different setting, Yorkshire Wildlife Park, in nearby Branton, is the place to go. See lions and zebras on a “walking safari” – superb fun for the kids!
4) Architecture lovers will be eager to see Doncaster Minster, which is in the town centre. This imposing structure was designed by George Gilbert Scott, and is Grade I listed.
5) If you’ve had enough of aeroplanes, why not immerse yourself in trolleybuses? You can see “the world’s largest collection of preserved trolleybuses” at the Trolleybus Museum, which is in nearby Sandtoft. Check the opening times first!
6) More museums are available in Sheffield, including the Kelham Island Museum, where you can find out about the industrial past of the Steel City.
7) Catch a performance at the Crucible Theatre. Located in central Sheffield, this is the Regional Theatre of the Year and you’re bound to find a show to suit your tastes.
8) Visit Bishops’ House. Built around 1500, it is timber-framed – and today, it’s a museum with plenty of activities and events on offer.
9) Go to the park. In fact, Sheffield has 80 parks and hundreds of other green spaces that are for public enjoyment – as well as two million trees. If it’s not Europe’s greenest city, as some claim it to be, it’s certainly a contender!
10) Continuing the green theme, did you know that the Peak District is just five miles away from Sheffield city centre? If you fancy a walk – or a spot of rock-climbing – then you’re in luck!
Airport Transfers Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield
What’s the next stage of your journey? Whether you have to catch a train, board a ferry, or go airborne again, we can make use of Robin Hood Airport’s nearby major road network and get you where you want to be. Leeds Bradford Airport is a little over an hour away, as is the ferry terminal at Hull. Let Airport Cars UK handle your Robin Hood airport transfer!
Transfer Time from Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport
Leeds Bradford Airport 60 miles (80-90 minutes)
Manchester Airport 70 miles (110-120 minutes)
Doncaster Rail Station 7 miles (20 minutes)
Sheffield Rail Station 25 miles (40-45 minutes)
York Rail Station 50 miles (75-80 minutes)
Hull Ferry Port 47 miles (60-65 minutes)
Whether you’re going to go straight to a conference in Sheffield when you leave the airport, or go and visit friends or family in the Lincolnshire countryside, our airport taxis from Robin Hood can whisk you there in comfort and style. Wherever you want to go, we look forward to receiving your booking