Portsmouth Ferry and Cruise Terminal Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Portsmouth Ferry and Cruise Terminal Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Portsmouth
Portsmouth is a city steeped in maritime history, so it comes as no surprise that it’s a popular place to catch a ferry.
If you are going on holiday to France, Spain or the Channel Islands, Portsmouth is an ideal departure point: ferries regularly depart for Guernsey and Jersey, as well as four French destinations and two different ports in Spain.
Since 2001, Portsmouth has also been a turnaround port and a port of call for cruises taking in a range of interesting places, such as Iceland, the Baltic, Egypt and Libya via the Mediterranean – and, closer to home, the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
Wherever it is you’re going, you will need to get to Portsmouth to board your ferry, and you might not be relishing the prospect of a train journey or finding a parking space for your car when you arrive. There’s an easy solution to this: book a taxi with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from Portsmouth Ferry and Cruise Terminals
Portsmouth enjoys superb road connections, with a two-mile stretch of motorway, the M275, linking to the M27 and A27 north of the city.
Chichester and Southampton are within easy reach, and Portsmouth’s proximity to the M3 means that car journeys from much of the South of England are viable.
Don’t worry about driving yourself to the ferry terminal, though. Simply contact Airport Cars UK, either by following the easy steps in the journey calculator above or by calling +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and speaking to a dispatcher – and book a taxi for when you need it!
Top 10 things to do in Portsmouth
There are always plenty of things to keep tourists occupied in Portsmouth. Here are some ideas for you!
1) Go to Gunwharf Quays for something to eat, a relaxing drink, and a spot of shopping. With over 90 stores and 30 places to refresh yourself, you’re spoilt for choice here!
2) Visit Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, one of the Navy’s three operating bases, and see some amazing ships: HMS Warrior 1860 and HMS Alliance. There’s also a submarine, HMS Victory – and, of course, the Mary Rose. This Tudor ship was salvaged in 1982 and is now a museum.
3) If you want to see some sea life, go to Blue Reef Aquarium, where you can have a look at everything from reptiles to rays! This is definitely one for the kids – and adults will enjoy it, too.
4) Did you know that Charles Dickens was born in Portsmouth? You can visit his Birthplace Museum, where some of his personal possessions are displayed – and during spring and summer, you can hear a reading of his works once per month.
5) Go up the Spinnaker Tower, which is 170 metres tall. If you dare, you can walk across a glass floor on View Deck 1, 100 metres above ground – then go up another five metres to View Deck 2 (and then a further five to the Sky Deck) for superb panoramic views.
6) Portsmouth is home to a must-see attraction for anyone with an interest in World War Two: the D-Day Museum. There are displays that give you a flavour of the Allied landings, as well as the imposing 83-metre long Overlord Embroidery.
8) Go to Langstone Harbour and see the large variety of birds – as well as the occasional seal! You can also view some boat wrecks here.
9) Take the children to Clarence Pier Amusement Park, very close to the hovercraft terminal. Plenty of good, old-fashioned seaside rides here, including the waltzer and, of course, dodgems!
10) For a great view of the harbour, go for a walk along Portsdown Hill. You can even see the Isle of Wight from here – and, closer up, some butterflies and wild flowers.
Ferry and Cruise Transfers Portsmouth
Stepping off the ferry at Portsmouth could mark just another step on a long journey, of which the next part involves a train or a plane – or even, perhaps, another ferry from a different port.
If you need to make a connection, let Airport Cars UK take the strain out of your Portsmouth ferry or cruise transfer. Call us and arrange your vehicle!
Transfer Time from Portsmouth
London Gatwick Airport 76 miles (90-100 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 64 miles (60-70 minutes)
Southampton Airport 20 miles (20-30 minutes)
Dover Ferry Terminal 137 miles (130-140 minutes)
Newhaven Ferry Terminal 62 miles (90-100 minutes)
Southampton Ferry and Cruise Terminals 64 miles (90-100 minutes)
Portsmouth and Southsea Rail Station 2 miles (10-15 minutes)
Portsmouth Harbour Rail Station 2 miles (10-15 minutes)
Alternatively, your next destination might be your hotel or your house. You might need to rush to a business meeting, or some other important appointment. Whatever it is, Airport Cars UK can help. Just fill in your details above or give us a call and we’ll drive you!