Plymouth Ferry Terminal Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Plymouth Ferry Terminal Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Plymouth
With several sailings per week to Roscoff, and less frequent sailings to St Malo and Santander, Plymouth’s ferry terminal offers a useful service to the people of Devon and Cornwall – and many other places – who are travelling to France and Spain.
Local services to Torpoint, Cawsand and Cremyll, in Cornwall, and Mount Batten, in Devon, also run from Plymouth.
Wherever you’re going, you can count on Airport Cars UK to get you to Plymouth in time for your ferry – or out of the ferry terminal and on to your next port of call!
Getting to and from Plymouth Ferry Terminal
Plymouth is on the south coast of Devon, and is easily reached via the A38 from east and west. From the north, the A386 and A388 allow easy access from North Devon. It takes less than an hour to reach Plymouth from Exeter, where the M5 terminates.
With road links as good as these, it makes sense to start your holiday with a taxi ride instead of booking trains or driving yourself there. A taxi will pick you up from wherever you specify, and drop you off at the terminal in good time to board your ferry.
To book with Airport Cars UK, just fill in the details in the journey calculator above or dial +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and speak to one of our friendly, helpful dispatchers.
Top 10 things to do in Plymouth
1) Stretch your legs with a stroll along Plymouth Sound, the large bay stretching from Plymouth Hoe to Penlee Point and Wembury Point. There are some great views here, so relax with a cup of tea and take it all in.
2) The Barbican – the old harbour’s northern and western sides – really gives visitors the flavour of an old port. Unlike much of Plymouth, it escaped damage during World War Two. Today, there are plenty of shops and restaurants to visit here.
3) Several important attractions are also to be found in the Barbican, including the Mayflower Steps, which marks the Pilgrims’ voyage to North America in 1620!
4) Visit Smeaton’s Tower, a lighthouse with a revolutionary design. You can go inside and climb to the top for panoramic views of the Sound and the city.
5) Another important structure in Plymouth is Crownhill Fort, which was one of the city’s land defences. It has been restored and is today in private hands. You can stay here, because there are holiday apartments in it now – or just take a look at the impressive exterior.
6) Fancy a visit to a fine mansion? Go and see Saltram House! The interiors here are splendidly decorated, and there are beautiful gardens to walk around. Fans of period dramas will notice that Saltram featured in Sense and Sensibility.
7) If you’re exploring the parts of Cornwall to the west of Plymouth, go to Rame Head and see the Heritage Coast. Take a walk here and experience some breathtaking beauty as you soak up the sea views.
8) Those who prefer moorland are in luck, because the edge of Dartmoor National Park is just 15 miles away from Plymouth. Enjoy walking, cycling, horse riding or just some good, old-fashioned relaxation in this beautiful setting.
9) Back in the Barbican, take a tour of the Plymouth Gin Distillery, which has been producing gin since 1793 and is still in use. Have a tour, have a taste, and browse the gift shop for souvenirs!
10) The UK’s largest aquarium is also in the Barbican: the National Marine Aquarium. Here, you can explore marine life from the local to the exotic – there are 4000 animals belonging to 400 different species!
Ferry Terminal Transfers Plymouth
Of course, you may be stepping off your ferry from France, Spain or Cornwall and heading straight for your next connection – and if so, Airport Cars UK can help you with your Plymouth ferry transfer.
Just call us or fill in your details above, and we will get you to any of the other major transport hubs in the area – or outside it.
Transfer Time from Plymouth
Bournemouth Airport 129 miles (180-190 minutes)
Bristol Airport 110 miles (120-130 minutes)
Exeter Airport 50 miles (60-70 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 224 miles (210-220 minutes)
Southampton Airport 154 miles (200-210 minutes)
Weymouth Ferry Terminals 100 miles (140-150 minutes)
Plymouth Rail Station 2 miles (10 minutes)
Maybe you don’t need to catch a train, a bus or a plane after your ferry lands in Portsmouth. Some people just want to get to their hotel – or get home! Whatever you need to do, call our dispatchers or input your details above and book your car with us. We look forward to hearing from you!