Oban Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Oban Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Oban
The Inner Hebrides, off the coast of western Scotland, are a firm favourite with British and international tourists, who visit all year round. Although many travel to them by ferry, it is possible to reach four of them from Oban Airport: Coll, Colonsay, Islay and Tiree. You can also take a sightseeing tour of the coastline from Oban, and enjoy stunning aerial views.
Flying is faster than taking a ferry, and you can speed up your overall journey time even more by getting to Oban Airport by taxi! Book one through Airport Cars UK and we will pick you up from your specified departure point and take you to the terminal.
Getting to and from Oban Airport
Just six miles north of Oban, over the Connel Bridge, Oban Airport is easy to reach. It’s right next to the A828, which also makes it convenient for people travelling south from Fort William.
Getting a taxi through Airport Cars UK means you don’t have to drive yourself there, park up and carry your bags to the terminal – we’ll drop you off right there, so all you need to do is walk up and check in. Fill in the journey calculator above or call our dispatchers on 0044 (0) 330 088 2222 and make your booking now!
Top 10 things to do in Oban
1) Explore the town! Plenty of things to see and do here, and if you’re staying for dinner, the local seafood is delicious.
2) Well worth a visit is St Columba’s Cathedral, which was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott and completed in 1959.
3) Are you into diving? Oban is perfect for it – the Puffin Dive Centre is just a mile away, and there are other sites in the area.
4) Watersports enthusiasts are spoilt for choice here, because the Falls of Lora are also nearby – great fun in a kayak! You can also view them from a distance.
5) Go to Kilmartin Glen, which is full of ancient monuments. Unsurprisingly, given that there is such a concentration of historic stone pieces here, there is also a museum!
7) One of the oldest stone castles in Scotland is near Oban, too: Dunstaffnage Castle, which Robert the Bruce captured in 1309!
8) You can see another castle in the area, too, but it’s not on the mainland. Castle Stalker must be reached by boat, and tours are only available for a few weeks every year. If your trip doesn’t coincide with one of the visiting times, you can see it from the coast at Appin.
9) Take a trip to the highest mountain in the British Isles, Ben Nevis! It’s only 45 miles away, so it’s a must-see if you’re in the area for a few days.
10) Take the ferry to Craignure and explore the Isle of Mull, which is a great place for hiking and relaxing in peaceful surroundings, whether inland or on the coast. You can also get a ferry from Fionnphort to the Isle of Iona!
Airport Transfers Oban
Of course, it’s not just tourists who use Oban Airport to get to the Inner Hebrides – the airport is used by private pilots and people learning to fly, and of course, residents of the islands often visit the mainland on business or to see friends and family.
When you land in Oban and need to make your next connection, Airport Cars UK will arrange for your taxi to be waiting for you when you need it. All you need to do is tell us the details, either by filling in the journey calculator or giving us a call, and we’ll get you to your next port of call.
Transfer Time from Oban Airport
Glasgow Airport 85 miles (120-130 minutes)
Glasgow Prestwick Airport 121 miles (180 minutes)
Inverness Airport 113 miles (180 minutes)
Oban Railway Station 6 miles (15 minutes)
Oban Ferry Terminal 6 miles (15 minutes)
It doesn’t matter if the place you need to reach isn’t listed above, because Airport Cars UK will take you anywhere by taxi from Oban Airport. Simply input your details above, or call a dispatcher and tell them the precise details of your destination – and, of course, when you need to be there. You can count on us!