Newhaven Ferry Terminal Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Newhaven Ferry Terminal Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Newhaven
Whilst it is by no means as large a port as Portsmouth, Southampton or Dover, Newhaven does offer a useful alternative to people travelling to northern France from Sussex, Kent and Hampshire.
To arrive in good time for your Dieppe ferry, why not book a taxi with Airport Cars UK? No need to worry about getting on the right train or driving yourself to the terminal – just sit back and let one of our drivers take you to Newhaven.
Getting to and from Newhaven
The A26 will take you straight to Newhaven from Lewes, where it meets the A27. Other major roads in close proximity to Newhaven are the A22 and the A23, which joins the M23 at Crawley.
Newhaven is just 65 miles from Central London, and can be reached from there by car in two hours – so it makes perfect sense to travel by taxi. To book yours now, scroll up to the journey calculator and fill in your details, or, if you cannot make an advance booking, dial +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and talk to a dispatcher.
Top 10 things to do in Newhaven
If you have some time to spare, why not explore the town and its surroundings? Here are some ideas to get you started…
1) First of all, the town of Newhaven itself is home to Newhaven Fort, which was built in the 19th Century as a harbour defence. Today, it’s a museum that offers a range of exciting elements for all the family, including a simulated air raid!
2) Go to Paradise Park, which is entertaining and educational – children can play here, but while they enjoy themselves and let off some steam, they will be learning all about the planet’s vast history!
4) For more natural beauty and spectacular clifftop views, tour the Sussex Heritage Coast, which has a waymarked path between Seaford and Eastbourne.
5) Take some time out in Eastbourne – enjoy the museums and art galleries, have dinner at one of the pubs or restaurants, and do some shopping.
6) Head west out of Newhaven and explore the coastal road towards Brighton, taking in Peacehaven, Saltdean and Rottingdean.
7) When you get to Brighton, visit the impressive Royal Pavilion, have a walk and enjoy some rides along the pier, and go shopping in the Lanes. Relax on the beach, too!
8) Take a trip to Hastings, also a thriving seaside resort – and famous for the 1066 battle, of course. The battle itself took place a few miles out of the town, in a place called…Battle! You can visit the site there.
9) See some of the sites run by the Sussex Archaeological Society, such as Lewes Castle, Fishbourne Roman Palace, and Anne of Cleves House. Walk around these historic sites at your leisure or book a guided tour.
10) If you’ve just returned from France, you’ve probably had plenty of access to fine wines – but did you know that there’s a wine estate in Sussex? That’s right – you can even take a tour of the vineyards at Bolney Wine Estate, have a bite to eat at the restaurant there, and buy some wine to take home with you!
Ferry Transfers Newhaven
If you’ve come into Newhaven from Dieppe, you might need to make a connection to reach your next destination. Whether you’re catching another ferry from Dover or one of the other port towns, or getting a train or a plane somewhere else, we can take you to your next transport hub! Contact us to make sure your ferry transfer goes smoothly.
Transfer Time from Newhaven
London Gatwick Airport 34 miles (60-70 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 75 miles (90-100 minutes)
Lewes Rail Station 9 miles (15-25 minutes)
Newhaven Town Rail Station 0.6 mile (5-10 minutes)
Dover Ferry and Cruise Terminals 115 miles (120-125 minutes)
Portsmouth Ferry Terminal 63 miles (90-100 minutes)
Southampton Ferry and Cruise Terminals 90 miles (120-130 minutes)
You might not necessarily be going to any of the above places – it’s just as likely that you will want to go straight to your hotel or go home! Wherever you’re going, let Airport Cars UK get you there in one of our clean, comfortable taxis. We look forward to receiving your booking.