Newcastle Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get an instant quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Newcastle Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Newcastle
Newcastle has the UK’s tenth busiest airport, and most of the passengers passing through are visiting European destinations or returning from them – but domestic traffic is also handled at Newcastle Airport, including a London Heathrow flight operated by British Airways.
Whether you’re hopping on a plane for two weeks in the sun or taking a business trip to London, you need peace of mind that you will get to Newcastle in time for your check-in. But how will you get there – and minimise worry on the way?
To avoid any uncertainty about how and when you will get there, book a ride with Airport Cars UK! Our fleet of comfortable, spacious taxis are driven by professionals who care about getting our passengers where they want to be – and on time.
Getting to and from Newcastle Airport
From Newcastle city centre, Airport Cars UK can take you to the airport in just 15 minutes – it’s a six-mile journey, which means that a taxi is the best way to get there. No need to park your own car and carry luggage from the car park – and no waiting for trains or buses.
It couldn’t be simpler to book your taxi, either. Our journey calculator, above, is easy to use: just input the relevant details, click “calculate journey”, confirm a few details, and wait for your taxi to arrive.
We know that it’s not always possible to book in advance, and that’s why we also have a hotline. Dial 0044 (0) 330 088 2222 and you can speak to a dispatcher!
Top 10 things to do in Newcastle
1) Walk around Grainger Town and experience the historic centre of Newcastle. Full of fine stone buildings, this area is great for shopping and leisure – and makes for excellent photos!
2) Explore the Quayside. Once industrial, this area has undergone extensive redevelopment in recent years and now offers a choice of restaurants and bars. Like Grainger Town, it’s a great spot for photography.
3) Visit the Discovery Museum to find out about Newcastle’s history and learn a bit about the army in the regimental museum that is also housed here. Interesting for people of all ages!
4) On the Gateshead side of the Tyne, see an exhibition at the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art – which used to be a flour mill.
5) Go to Jesmond Dene, a peaceful public park that holds a major attraction for children: a Pets’ Corner!
6) Walk along the Hadrian’s Wall Trail. The wall may be ancient, but the public route is recent and offers the opportunity to explore some delightful scenery!
8) If the collections in the Baltic aren’t large enough for you, why not go and see the Angel of the North? It’s 66ft tall and the wingspan is almost three times that. Whether it’s to your taste or not, at that size, it certainly can’t be ignored!
9) Make a pilgrimage to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. Check when it’s safe to cross, though, because if the tide is in, you can’t get there!
10) Newcastle got its name from a castle, and the Castle Keep, built in the 1170s, still remains. Go and see it – it’s one of the city centre’s star attractions!
Airport Transfers Newcastle
Yes, there’s plenty to do in Newcastle and its surrounding areas, all right – but what if you’re just passing through on your way to another destination? Suppose you need to get another plane from Durham, or a ferry from North Shields?
No problem. Don’t rush for trains or buses – let Airport Cars UK handle your Newcastle airport transfer!
Transfer Time from Newcastle Airport
Durham Tees Valley Airport 45 miles (60-70 minutes)
Edinburgh Airport 105 miles (140 minutes)
Glasgow Airport 155 miles (160 minutes)
Leeds Bradford Airport 100 miles (130 minutes)
Newcastle Rail Station 7 miles (20-25 minutes)
Sunderland Rail Station 21 miles (50-60 minutes)
Newcastle Ferry Terminal 14 miles (30 minutes)
We pride ourselves on providing our clients with the best service. This means that we will take you where you want to go, wherever that may be. If you’ve got an urgent appointment in Sunderland or a conference to attend in Blyth, Airport Taxis UK will happily get you there – just arrange with us and we’ll take care of it!