Manchester Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get an instant quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Manchester Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Manchester
Manchester Airport is the third busiest airport in the UK, and offers the most choice: from its three terminals, airlines fly passengers to 225 different destinations worldwide.
The airport’s location, in the city’s southern suburbs, means that it can be reached easily by travellers from all over the North West, the West Midlands, North Wales and Yorkshire.
It is an ideal destination for people visiting the area, whether they are on holiday or doing business – and it’s even easier to get where you want to go with Airport Cars UK’s comprehensive taxi service.
Getting to and from Manchester Airport
The airport is situated nine miles south-west of Manchester city centre, just off the M56 motorway, which links up with the M6 motorway and the M60, Manchester’s outer ring road.
With a road network that provides quick access to and from Cheshire, Lancashire and North Wales, travelling by taxi is a sure-fire way to get into or out of Manchester Airport with minimum fuss.
You can find the taxi you need by inputting your details into the journey calculator above, or if you need to go somewhere fast, why not call us? Dial 0044 (0) 330 088 2222, give your details to the dispatcher, and we will make sure your taxi is ready and waiting when and where you need it.
Top 10 things to do in Manchester
Visiting the city or the region? Manchester and its outlying areas have so much to offer, including…
1) Football. Manchester United, at Old Trafford, is perhaps the most famous football club in the world, but its local rival, Manchester City, is forging its own international reputation. Both clubs are within easy reach of the city centre.
2) Music. Famous for The Stone Roses, Oasis and the Happy Mondays, Manchester has always had a thriving music scene, and attracts international artists to venues such as the Academy, Roadhouse, and the massive Manchester Arena. The Bridgewater Hall also hosts classical concerts.
3) History. Once known as “Cottonopolis” because of its production of textiles, Manchester is where the Industrial Revolution started, so the city has a rich history. Why not visit the Museum of Science and Industry, the Manchester Museum, or the People’s History Museum?
4) Restaurants and Pubs. Fine dining establishments and places to grab a quick sandwich are equally in abundance in Manchester, and you can enjoy a pint of ale in a variety of excellent pubs. Curry lovers can visit the famous “Curry Mile” in Rusholme, near the university campus.
5) Shopping. Manchester city centre’s Arndale Centre has everything that any visitor might need, but it’s worth taking a trip to the Trafford Centre, too. If you’re around during the festive season, catch the Christmas Markets!
6) Culture. Catch a film at the Cornerhouse, Manchester’s thriving art house cinema, or visit the Manchester Art Gallery and the Whitworth Art Gallery.
7) The Northern Quarter. Explore Manchester’s vibrant alternative scene for independent clothing outlets and entertainment, just a short walk from Piccadilly and Victoria stations.
8) The Gay Village. Centred on Canal Street, the Village is an important part of Manchester’s cultural history and its clubs and bars are immensely popular. Visiting in August? Check out the Manchester Pride festival.
9) The Peak District. For a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, take a trip to this picturesque National Park to enjoy a country walk and a pub lunch. It’s not far away – indeed, some of it lies within the Greater Manchester boundary!
10) The Lake District. Rich in natural beauty, its lakes, mountains and forests offer breath-taking scenery just a couple of hours’ drive away.
Airport Transfers Manchester Airport
You can get to all of these places, and many more, with Airport Cars UK! If you need to get to your business meeting or catch a connecting flight, input your details or give our dispatchers a ring to arrange a taxi for your Manchester Airport transfer.
Transfer Time from Manchester Airport
Manchester Piccadilly Rail Station 11 miles (30-40 minutes)
Salford Central Rail Station 11 miles (35-45 minutes)
Liverpool John Lennon Airport 32 miles (35-40 minutes)
Birmingham International Airport 90 miles (90-110 minutes)
Leeds Bradford International Airport 58 miles (100-110 minutes)
Holyhead Ferry Port 120 miles (110-120 minutes)
Manchester Central Convention Complex (formerly G-MEX) 9 miles (30-35 minutes)
Old Trafford (Manchester United) 9 miles (25-30 minutes)
The Trafford Centre 10 miles (15-20 minutes)
We can also take you to your Manchester hotel or conference venue – in fact, with our Manchester Airport taxis, you can get wherever you need to go and be sure of arriving on time. Make your booking now!