Lydd Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Lydd Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Lydd
Lydd Airport is quite different from many other British airports – here, you won’t find large groups of people waiting to board jumbo jets. Instead, the airport is used as a base for private aviation and cargo flights, as well as chartered business and leisure flights on small planes. Flying lessons are also available here.
Regular scheduled flights run from Lydd to Le Touquet – Côte d’Opale Airport, which are operated by LyddAir and take about 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can enjoy a “champagne flight” over Romney Marsh or the South Kent coastline!
Getting to and from Lydd Airport
Lydd Airport is situated in the southern part of Kent, just over a mile north of the town that gives it its name, and 15 miles south of Ashford.
Access from the M20 motorway, the A20, and the A259 is easy, so it is convenient for people from both Kent and East Sussex to get to Lydd by taxi.
To book yours from Airport Cars UK, all you need to do is fill in the journey calculator above, or call our team of dispatchers on 0044 (0) 330 088 2222.
Tell us where you’re coming from – or, if you’re landing at Lydd, where you need to go – and we’ll arrange for your car to be ready and waiting for you.
Top 10 things to do in and around Lydd
Lydd, the most southerly village in Kent, is a place of interest in its own right, with plenty of attractions in the area for visitors to enjoy!
1) Why not visit Dungeness? This headland has a shingle beach, a nature reserve, an ecological site, and a power station. There is also a village, which consists largely of small wooden dwellings – as well as a couple of pubs!
3) Not far from Lydd is the East Sussex town of Rye, which has a long seafaring history. Today, visitors from everywhere come to enjoy the attractions and relax.
4) Take a trip to Camber Sands, just outside Rye, and enjoy the beach – it can get quite windy here, so if you’re into kitesurfing, this is the place for you!
5) If you’re on a family day out, a visit to Port Lympne Wild Animal Park is ideal. Over 50 different species of animal live here, including tigers, gorillas, and rhinos!
6) Getting to Hastings from Lydd is no battle – it takes about an hour to reach this historic town, where the 11th Century castle is situated. The famous 1066 battle was actually fought a few miles out of Hastings, in the appropriately-named town of Battle!
7) Visit the historic city of Canterbury, home to the famous cathedral – as well as a Roman city wall and the ruins of the Norman Canterbury Castle and St Augustine’s Abbey.
8) A bit further out, on the north coast of Kent, is Margate. This established seaside resort has been undergoing regeneration in recent years, and is home to the Turner Contemporary, an art gallery established in 2011.
9) Another coastal resort that’s definitely worth seeing is Whitstable. Enjoy the local oysters at one of the seafood restaurants, and go for a stroll on the beach afterwards!
10) Of course, no trip to south Kent would be complete without a journey to Dover, to see the famous White Cliffs. You can get a view of them whether you’re walking along the coastal path or heading to Calais on a ferry!
Airport Transfers Lydd
Whether you’ve come back from a business trip or a break in France, or you’ve landed in Lydd after taking in some aerial views of the coast, you need to get out of the airport – and your next step might be to take another journey.
Airport Cars UK can handle your Lydd airport transfer. If you’re going to Gatwick to fly again, catching a ferry from Dover, or boarding Eurostar at Ashford, we’ll get you there by taxi.
Transfer Time from Lydd Airport
London Biggin Hill Airport 66 miles (85-90 minutes)
London City Airport 77 miles (110-120 minutes)
London Gatwick Airport 76 miles (90-100 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 97 miles (100-110 minutes)
Dover Ferry Terminal 28 miles (50-60 minutes)
Newhaven Ferry Terminal 55 miles (100-110 minutes)
Ashford International Rail Station (for Eurostar) 17 miles (30-35 minutes)
Not everyone needs to take another trip, of course. When you land, you might be on your way to a meeting or a conference – or you might just want to get back home again after relaxing in Le Touquet! Wherever you need to go, you know you can depend on Airport Cars UK to supply you with a clean, comfortable vehicle when you need it – so book your taxi now!