London Southend Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
London Southend Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from London Southend
London Southend Airport is 40 miles away from the capital, near the seaside resort of Southend-on-Sea. During the 1960s, it was a hugely popular airport and today, it is gaining popularity with passengers once again: almost a million people now use the airport during the year.
If you’re using Southend, it’s almost certainly because you’re going on holiday to Europe – both easyJet and Flybe run seasonal and year-round services from Southend, and the busiest route is between here and Amsterdam.
An essential start to any holiday is a calm, peaceful journey to the airport – and you can guarantee this by booking a taxi through Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from London Southend Airport
London Southend is ideally situated for residents of Essex, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, and East London. It’s not far from the A127 Southend arterial road, and the M25 London orbital motorway is about 20 miles away.
Its location means that a taxi is the ideal mode of transport to and from the airport, so why not book yours now? Our user-friendly journey calculator is above, so you can make an advance booking – or call us, if you prefer, on +44 (0) 330 088 2222.
Top 10 things to do near London Southend Airport
Spending some time in Southend-on-Sea? You will be spoilt for choice with what’s on offer here, from traditional seaside pleasures to beautiful countryside.
2) Talking of railways, there’s also a funicular one here: the Southend Cliff Lift! Get on board to travel from shore to town and enjoy stunning views.
3) See a show at Cliffs Pavilion, in nearby Westcliff-on-Sea, overlooking the seafront. Whether you’re going to a concert or a pantomime, you’re sure to enjoy the experience at this art deco venue. Why not stop for afternoon tea, too?
4) Step back in time with a visit to Prittlewell Priory Museum, in Priory Park. At this Grade I listed medieval attraction, you can find out about the lives of the monks and take a leisurely stroll around the ornamental gardens.
5) Shop to your heart’s content – there’s the Victoria Shopping Centre, the Royals, and of course, the High Street!
6) Venture to the Sea Life Adventure Aquarium. Open all year round, this is the ideal place to see both local sea creatures and tropical fish!
7) Wander to nearby Leigh-on-Sea and enjoy some superb seafood. The charming Old Town, with its shops and galleries, is the perfect place to while away the hours.
8) If you’re craving some country air, go to Hadleigh Country Park, which has over 380 acres of land for you to explore – and a magnificent ruin, Hadleigh Castle, which dates back to the 13th Century.
9) Check out Canvey Island, in the Thames Estuary, for family fun at Fantasy Island Adventure Park. Relax with a bite to eat or a drink at the Labworth restaurant – and take some photos of this breathtakingly beautiful building.
10) For peace and quiet, go to Two Trees Island. Enjoy a long walk and see some avocets on this large nature reserve!
Airport Transfers London Southend
If you’re not able to avail yourself of Southend’s delights, it could be because you’re just landing here so you can make your next connection. All the other London airports are easily accessible by road from Southend, as well as major rail stations and ports – so let Airport Cars UK handle your Southend airport transfer!
Transfer Time from London Southend Airport
London Gatwick Airport 60 miles (70-80 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 75 miles (90-100 minutes)
London Luton Airport 67 miles (80-85 minutes)
London Stansted Airport 37 miles (55-60 minutes)
London Kings Cross / St Pancras International Rail Station 42 miles (80-85 minutes)
London Victoria Rail and Coach Station 43 miles (85-90 minutes)
Southend-on-Sea Rail Station 3 miles (10-15 minutes)
Harwich International Ferry Port 60 miles (70-75 minutes)
Dover Ferry Port 90 miles (100-105 minutes)
Of course, people visit places everywhere in and around Southend: hotels, conference centres, other branches of their workplace – the possibilities are endless. Airport Cars UK will take you wherever you need to go, and get you there on time – so contact us now!