Liverpool John Lennon Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Liverpool John Lennon Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Liverpool
For people living in the North West who wish to travel to Europe or domestic locations by air, Liverpool John Lennon Airport is ideal. Located south of Liverpool city centre and named after the city’s most famous son, it is easily accessible to people in Merseyside, as well as those further out in Lancashire, Cheshire and North Wales.
Its popularity is demonstrated by its status as the 12th busiest airport in the country, with more than 4 million passengers flying to or from here during the year. Ryanair serves the largest number of destinations from Liverpool, but easyJet isn’t far behind – and they, along with FlyBe, also offer a service to the Isle of Man.
In the excitement of your holiday planning or your preparations for a business flight, you might not leave enough time to get to the airport for check-in – but if you book a taxi with Airport Cars UK, you will enjoy a stress-free journey, and have enough time to grab a pre-flight coffee and buy that magazine or plug adaptor you’d forgotten all about!
Getting to and from Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Liverpool John Lennon Airport lies by the River Mersey, less than eight miles south-east of the city centre. It is just off the A651 at Speke – indeed, part of the airport lies within the grounds of Speke Hall.
It’s close to Junction 6 of the M62, as well as the M56, M57 and M53 motorways, so a taxi is the most convenient mode of transport for your journey to the airport – and it’s incredibly easy to book one through Airport Cars UK. Make an advance booking with the journey calculator above, or give us a ring on 0044 (0) 330 088 2222 and give your details to a dispatcher.
Top 10 things to do in Liverpool
With its Merseybeat and football, Liverpool has a rich musical and sporting history that has secured it an international reputation – and the city has much more to offer the visitor. Explore Liverpool and be amazed!
1) Experience a bit of everything with the Hop-on Hop-off Tour, an open-top double-decker bus that, as its name suggests, you can leave and get back on at your leisure. Do this as many times as you like within 24 hours!
2) Go to Albert Dock, which contains hotels, bars and restaurants – as well as the Merseyside Maritime Museum and the Tate Liverpool! There’s also a great view of the River Mersey.
3) Watch a game of football. Liverpool is home to two world-famous Premier League teams, Liverpool and Everton – why not catch one of them in action at a home game?
4) No one visiting Liverpool could be in any doubt that the city gave the world The Beatles, perhaps the best-known pop group of all time. The Beatles Story, a permanent exhibition in Albert Dock, will give you the lowdown on John, Paul, George and Ringo!
5) Before Ringo Starr replaced Pete Best as the drummer in the Beatles, the group made their first of almost 300 appearances at the Cavern Club. Visit this historic venue at 10 Mathew Street!
6) Take a trip to the Museum of Liverpool. One of the city’s newest attractions, it opened in 2011, and the contents of its galleries tell the city’s vibrant story.
7) Heritage enthusiasts will be delighted when they see Croxteth Hall, a listed building whose grounds feature a walled garden and a nature reserve.
8) For an altogether more modern listed building, quite different in style, take a look at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King. Its architecture has earned it an amusing nickname!
9) Fancy a day at the races? Twice awarded the title Racecourse of the Year, Haydock Park is a renowned venue for horse racing, but you can also enjoy a range of other events there.
10) Have a day out at the seaside! Twenty miles away is the picturesque seaside town of Southport, one of the most popular resorts in Britain.
Airport Transfers Liverpool
Visitors to Liverpool don’t always stay in the city. If you land there, you could be on your way to another place in the North West, or further afield – and this means that you could need a Liverpool airport transfer. To make your next connection, simply book a taxi with Airport Cars UK and we’ll take you!
Transfer Time from Liverpool John Lennon Airport
Manchester Airport 31 miles (40-45 minutes)
Birmingham Airport 103 miles (110-120 minutes)
Leeds Bradford International Airport 73 miles (100-110 minutes)
Liverpool Lime Street Station 8 miles (30-35 minutes)
Pier Head Ferry Terminal 8 miles (25 minutes)
Holyhead Ferry Terminal 104 miles (110-120 minutes)
On your way to a Merseyside meeting or a rendezvous in Runcorn? It doesn’t matter where your next port of call is, because Airport Cars UK are available whenever you need. Book us and arrive at your next destination in comfort!