Inverness Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Inverness Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Inverness
Inverness is an international airport, offering flights to Croatia, Italy, Ireland and Switzerland, but the vast majority of the 600,000-plus passengers using the airport during the year are flying between here and another UK destination.
The British destinations served by Inverness include the Outer Hebrides, Orkney, and Shetland – as well as the major mainland cities including, of course, London. The busiest route is between Inverness and Gatwick.
Inverness appeals to the business and leisure traveller alike, and it’s easy to get here when you take a taxi with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from Inverness Airport
Just off the A96, about 10 miles from the junction with the A9, Inverness Airport’s road links to the rest of the Scottish Highlands – and outside them – are excellent, so there’s no need to worry about catching the correct train to get there on time.
There’s also no need to drive yourself to the airport and find a place to park, because Airport Cars UK can take you to Inverness – or pick you up when you’ve returned here from your trip.
Input your details above, in the journey calculator, and Airport Cars UK will make sure your taxi is available when you want it! If you can’t make an advance booking, no problem – just call us on +44 (0) 330 088 2222, tell the dispatcher your flight details, and they will make sure you get there on time.
Top 10 things to do in Inverness
There are plenty of attractions in the “capital of the Highlands”, so make the most of your time here if you’re holidaying here or you have some spare time while you’re in Inverness on business!
1) The city itself is home to a fine castle and many churches, including a cathedral – as well as shops, restaurants and a variety of entertainment at the Eden Court Theatre.
2) Head eastwards and see the Bronze Age cairns at Balnuran of Clava. There are three cairns here, and more are distributed throughout the area.
3) If you’re a whisky enthusiast, be sure to make a visit to the Glen Ord distillery and take a tour. You can also buy some whisky on site, at the gift shop!
4) Explore the Great Glen, which begins at Inverness and runs to Fort William. Popular with walkers and cyclists, the views along the route are stunning, and there are plenty of lochs and rivers along the way.
6) Take in a bit of the Gaelic culture of the Inner Hebrides without the need for a flight or a ferry journey – you can drive across a bridge (at the Kyle of Lochash) to the stunning island of Skye!
7) John O’Groats isn’t quite the most northerly point on the mainland – that title belongs to nearby Dunnet Head – but it’s where everyone goes to have their photo taken by the famous signpost. If you’re planning a day trip, this would be an ideal place to visit!
8) If you have more than a day trip in mind, you can go a bit further and take a ferry from John O’Groats to St Margaret’s Hope, Orkney! It takes just 40 minutes to get there, and you don’t have to book.
9) Closer to Inverness is Chanonry Point, and it’s a great place to visit if you want to see some sea life – especially bottlenose dolphins!
10) Don’t forget that there are plenty of castles around Inverness, so you can immerse yourself in a historic setting for a while – try Cawdor, Urquhart, Brodie and Dunrobin castles, all nearby.
Airport Transfers Inverness
Are you stopping at Inverness so that you can get another flight from elsewhere? Perhaps you’re embarking on a train journey, or getting a ferry to one of the Scottish islands?
If you need to make your next connection, don’t spend time and energy looking into train or bus times and working out journey lengths – simply contact Airport Cars UK and let us handle your Inverness airport transfer!
Transfer Time from Inverness Airport
Aberdeen Airport 92 miles (150-160 minutes)
Oban Airport 113 miles (180-190 minutes)
Wick Airport 112 miles (150-160 minutes)
Inverness Railway Station 10 miles (20-25 minutes)
Aberdeen Ferry Terminal 98 miles (160-170 minutes)
John O’Groats Ferry Terminal 127 miles (175-185 minutes)
There’s also the possibility that you’re landing at Inverness on your way to a business meeting, or to visit relatives – or perhaps you need to make a connection further away and you need to get there as quickly as possible.
Wherever you need to go, Airport Cars UK will get you there on time! Just tell us when and where, and we’ll be there.