Holyhead Ferry Terminal Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Holyhead Ferry Terminal Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Holyhead
Holyhead, in North Wales, is a busy port – it handles more than 2 million passengers each year, who take ferry trips to Ireland, terminating at Dublin Port or Dun Laoghaire. It is also a port of call for cruise ships.
If you’re going to Holyhead to catch a ferry, you might be thinking about the best way to get there, and looking at train and bus timetables – or getting the map out and planning a route to drive.
When you book Airport Cars UK, there’s no need – we will send a taxi to collect you from wherever you are and take you to Holyhead! Alternatively, if you’re going somewhere after your ferry comes into the port, we can get you where you need to be.
Getting to and from Holyhead Ferry Terminal
Holyhead is in the county of Anglesey (though not, technically, on the actual Island of Anglesey), at the end of the A55 North Wales Expressway.
This road has links to other A-roads, enabling easy access from all over Wales, and it joins the M53 around Chester. The M53 links to the M56, too, and these motorway connections to the A55 mean that Holyhead can easily be reached from England’s North West and West Midlands.
The taxi drivers at Airport Cars UK are thoroughly familiar with these motorways, A-roads, and any minor urban roads and country lanes that might make up part of your journey to or from Holyhead – so why not book your taxi now? You can make an advance booking by filling in your details in the journey calculator above – or, if time is pressing, call +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and speak to an advisor!
Top 10 things to do in Holyhead
If you’ve just pulled into port for a little while, or you’re relaxing before or after your trip to Ireland, why not check out some of the things on offer in Holyhead?
2) Right next to the bistro is the Holyhead Maritime Museum, which, as its name suggests, enables you to explore the maritime history of the town. You can also browse the gift shop for souvenirs.
3) Just off the coast at Anglesey is South Stack, home to South Stack Lighthouse. This impressive structure is well worth a visit!
4) Also at South Stack are the South Stack Cliffs, where you can see seabirds, such as guillemots and puffins, at the RSPB reserve. It’s a real treat for birdwatchers!
5) There is also North Stack, which is popular with rock climbers – and anyone who likes great views. If you’ve got your camera with you, take a look here.
6) Just next to the town is Holyhead Breakwater Country Park, which used to be a quarry. Today, some of this is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – so why not take in the delightful sights with a walk?
7) Go and see the Penrhos Feliw standing stones, which are 10 ft tall and date from the Bronze Age. These are ideal as a backdrop for family photos!
8) If you have a bit of time to spare, take a trip to Snowdonia National Park, where you can see the highest mountain in Wales: Mount Snowdon! Spot some rare plants while you hike.
9) Visit Conwy, which is easily accessible via the A55. This market town is home to the impressive ruins of Conwy Castle, which was built in the 13th Century. This is definitely worth a look at – and the views from inside the castle are spectacular.
10) Not too far from Conwy is the biggest seaside resort in Wales: Llandudno. If you’re looking to enjoy a bit of relaxation on the beach, you’ve found the right place!
Ferry Transfers Holyhead
When you get into Holyhead, your journey might have another leg – or several – and you might be wondering how best to make that next connection. Don’t worry about finding that bus stop or the number for that local cab firm – simply book Airport Cars UK and let us take care of your Holyhead ferry transfer!
Transfer Time from Holyhead
Anglesey Airport 6.5 miles (10-15 minutes)
Birmingham Airport 185 miles (180-190 minutes)
Liverpool John Lennon Airport 104 miles (120-125 minutes)
Manchester Airport 112 miles (110-120 minutes)
Liverpool Ferry Terminal 93 miles (120-125 minutes)
Bangor Rail Station 25 miles (30 minutes)
Conwy Rail Station 39 miles (45-50 minutes)
Maybe your itinerary features none of the above transport hubs – perhaps you have an entirely different destination in mind. If so, that’s fine – we’ll make sure you get there on time and in comfort. Call Airport Cars UK now!