Gloucestershire Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Gloucestershire Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Gloucestershire
For people living in the South West of England, and Wales, who wish to travel to Jersey and the Isle of Man, Gloucestershire Airport (or Gloucestershire Airport, Staverton, to give it its full title) is ideal.
In addition to scheduled flights to the above destinations (and Belfast, via the Isle of Man), Gloucestershire is used for charter flights and private aviation for both business and pleasure – as well as pilot training.
Whatever purpose Gloucestershire Airport serves in your life, if you’re using it, you’ll need to get there on time – and you can ensure this by booking a taxi with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from Gloucestershire Airport
The airport is situated between Cheltenham and Gloucester, very close to the M5/A40 junction. From this junction, one of our taxis can get you there in a matter of minutes – so why not spare yourself the trouble of driving there or getting a bus or train?
Simply scroll up to the journey calculator above, input your details, and follow the steps to book your car. If you can’t make an advance booking, just call our dispatchers on 0044 (0) 330 088 2222 and they will arrange your taxi for you!
Top 10 things to do in Gloucestershire
If you’ve landed at Gloucestershire Airport and you’re looking for pretty cities and charming countryside to tour, you’re in luck – there are so many places of interest nearby. Here are some ideas to get you started!
1) Visit Gloucester, the Roman city after which the county (and, of course, the airport) is named. There’s plenty to see and do here, so if you’re looking for pubs, restaurants, shopping or entertainment, you’re sure to find it! There’s also a magnificent cathedral.
2) More entertainment, as well as stunning Regency architecture, can be found in Cheltenham, also close to the airport. The famous Cheltenham Racecourse, home to the Cheltenham Festival, is here – surely a winner with horse-racing enthusiasts!
3) Further picturesque delights await at Tewkesbury, where you can relax and unwind with a stroll by the Severn or Avon, visit a variety of museums, and recharge your batteries in one of the tea rooms.
4) Laurie Lee, the author of Cider with Rosie, was from the area – he was born and raised in Slad, in the Slad Valley. See this charming Cotswold village and walk the marked “Laurie Lee Wildlife Way” – you can stop for a rest at each post and read one of his poems!
5) Not far from Slad is Stroud, a town with an industrial history as well as a strong artistic flavour. Explore the farmers’ market and browse the independent shops!
6) No visit to Gloucestershire would be complete without a journey to the Cotswolds. The hilly landscapes here are breathtaking, so it’s the perfect place to walk or cycle. There are too many attractions in this area for one short visit, so you might be tempted to book a holiday cottage for a break!
7) Why not visit Worcester? As with its near neighbours, there is plenty of history and culture in the city and its surroundings. There’s the cathedral, of course – as well as stately homes and several museums, including the Elgar Birthplace Museum, celebrating the composer’s life.
8) If you’re eager to put on your hiking boots, why not take a walk in the Malvern Hills? Just outside Worcester, these hills will give you some spectacular views of Herefordshire, the Severn Valley, and much more!
9) Explore the Forest of Dean, which has over 40 square miles of woodland to walk in – and you can even stay in the forest in a log cabin! This area, with its opportunities for hiking, canoeing, and climbing, is great for the outdoor enthusiast.
10) Cross the Welsh border and visit the famous literary town of Hay-on-Wye. If you’re a book lover or an antiques enthusiast, a trip here is essential – and if you’re landing at Gloucester in June, you can go to the Hay Festival!
Airport Transfers Gloucestershire
If you’re on your way to the railway station or catching a connecting flight at another airport in Birmingham, Bristol or Cardiff, we can get you where you need to be – on time! Let us handle your Gloucestershire Airport transfer.
Transfer Time from Gloucestershire Airport
Birmingham Airport 55 miles (60-70 minutes)
Bristol Airport 50 miles (60-70 minutes)
Cardiff Airport 80 miles (90-100 minutes)
Birmingham New Street Rail Station 50 miles (70-75 minutes)
Bristol Temple Meads Rail Station 42 miles (55-60 minutes)
Cheltenham Spa Rail Station 4 miles (10 minutes)
Gloucester Rail Station 4 miles (15 minutes)
Swindon Rail Station 34 miles (50-55 minutes)
There’s no shortage of transport hubs near Gloucester Airport, but not everyone who lands here necessarily needs a connection. If you’ve just stepped off your plane, your thoughts might be on how you’re going to make it to your meeting, or get back home. Let Airport Cars UK make it easy for you – book a taxi with us!