Glasgow Prestwick Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Glasgow Prestwick Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Glasgow Prestwick
Glasgow Prestwick Airport may be small in terms of annual passenger numbers, coming in well behind Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen – but it plays a vital role in the travel plans of many Scottish holidaymakers looking for inexpensive European flights. Ryanair is the sole operator from Glasgow Prestwick, and most routes serve Spain and Greece.
Getting to and from Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Although Glasgow is in the airport’s name, the airport is actually near Ayr, on the west coast, over 30 miles away from Glasgow. But that’s no problem, because Airport Cars UK can easily get you to the airport from central Glasgow, or vice versa. With our fleet of cars, you’re always guaranteed professional service – wherever you’re being picked up from.
To make your booking, just fill in your details in the journey calculator above, or if you prefer, give us a call on +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and talk to a dispatcher.
Top 10 things to do near Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Did you know that Glasgow Prestwick Airport is the only confirmed part of the United Kingdom that Elvis Presley ever visited? There’s a plaque to mark this, which should please rock ‘n’ roll fans – make sure you take a look before you leave to explore the local area!
1) Tee off at Prestwick Golf Club, which is one of the oldest in the world. Play, have something to eat, and look at the memorabilia in the clubhouse!
2) Take a trip to Troon. Just a few miles north of the airport, this coastal town also has a famous golf course – as well as a view of the Isle of Arran.
3) Check out Culzean Castle, which you might recognise if you’ve seen a five pound note from the Bank of Scotland! This beautiful castle is rumoured to be haunted – but if that worries you, just check out the stunning grounds instead.
4) If horse racing’s your thing, make sure you pay a visit to Ayr Racecourse, home of the Scottish Grand National!
5) Are you a fan of flowers? If you’re in Ayr at the right time (August), you can see the Ayr Flower Show. It’s been running for over 50 years in Rozelle Park, where there is also a collection of sculptures.
7) Visit Largs, a west coast holiday resort on the Clyde. Stroll along the prom, play bowls, and have an ice cream. It’s a great place for all the family!
8) If you fancy a ferry ride, why not go from Largs to the island of Great Cumbrae? Explore the coastal road by bike or take a hike – and if you’re a watersports enthusiast, this is just the place for you!
9) Go to Glasgow, a thriving city with plenty to offer visitors. Take a cruise on the Clyde, explore one of its many museums, or just see the sights at your leisure.
10) On your way to Glasgow, stop off at the Dams to Darnley Country Park. This is Scotland’s newest country park, and is still in development! Enjoy a walk, go cycling, or ride a horse along one of its network of paths.
Airport Transfers Glasgow Prestwick
With Airport Cars UK, any of the above locations are in easy reach, as well as a range of other transport links, for those who want to get out of the airport and on to their destination. If you’ve got another flight booked, or you need to catch a train, why not let us handle your Glasgow Prestwick airport transfer?
Transfer Time from Glasgow Prestwick Airport
Glasgow Airport 37 miles (45-50 minutes)
Edinburgh Airport 71 miles (60-80 minutes)
Aberdeen Airport 182 miles (220 minutes)
Ayr Rail Station 4 miles (15-20 minutes)
Glasgow Central Rail Station 32 miles (42 minutes)
Edinburgh Waverley Rail Station 79 miles (100-110 minutes)
Edinburgh Haymarket Rail Station 77 miles (90-100 minutes)
Aberdeen Ferry Terminal 177 miles (200 minutes)
This is by no means an exhaustive list of destinations served by Airport Cars UK – we also provide many travellers with transport to their hotels, business meetings, and functions. Contact us and arrange your taxi!