Felixstowe Ferry Terminal Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Felixstowe Ferry Terminal Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Felixstowe
If you’re using Felixstowe for a ferry, you definitely won’t be taking a holiday – no passenger ferries run from here. It is, however, the busiest container port in the UK, handling more than 40% of the country’s containerised trade – and it’s also used for freight ferries to Rotterdam Europoort.
Sometimes, freight is driver-accompanied, so you might need to get to the ferry terminal in order to be ready to drive a van, for example, on to a ferry to Rotterdam. If so, don’t worry about driving yourself to Felixstowe and finding a place to park, or taking public transport. Take a taxi with Airport Cars UK instead!
Getting to and from Felixstowe Ferry Terminal
Felixstowe is at the end of the A14, which means easy access from the whole of East Anglia, as well as Lincolnshire and Hertfordshire via the A1.
Wherever you’re approaching the terminal from – or if you need to get out of Felixstowe after taking care of business – Airport Cars UK can provide you with a comfortable car and a professional, friendly driver. Just fill in your details in the journey calculator above, or dial +44 (0) 330 088 2222 now!
Top 10 things to do in Felixstowe
If you’re thinking of spending some time in Felixstowe, there’s always something to do – and here are some ideas for you!
1) Looking for amusements, rides, ice cream and other traditional seaside entertainments? You’re in the right place, because you can get all these on Felixstowe Pier!
2) A bit more culture awaits at Felixstowe Museum, where you can immerse yourself in the town’s history, both ancient and modern, and pick up gifts for friends and family.
3) Next to the museum is Landguard Fort, whose history stretches back almost 450 years. This coastal defence is now listed (Grade I) and you can explore it!
4) Also on the Landguard Peninsula is a bird observatory, which you can tour – but you will need to make an appointment. It’s a must-see for wildlife enthusiasts!
5) Don’t forget to check out the stunning, landscaped Seafront Gardens, which stretch for more than a mile. Already a beautiful attraction within the town, they are going to be improved, thanks to a large Heritage Lottery grant.
6) More attractive scenery awaits in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which contains woodland, estuaries, and beaches. Several towns lie in this area, including Aldeburgh, once home to Benjamin Britten.
7) While you’re in Aldeburgh, take a boat and visit Orford Ness, which is part of a nature reserve (the other part being Havergate Island). You’ll have to do this on a designated open day, though – visits to this place are controlled because the shingle is so fragile.
8) If you’re into golf, be sure to have a round at Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club. There’s a nine-hole course and a full one – and of course, you can relax in the bar afterwards.
9) Visit the Broads! Here, you will find some beautiful waterways – this is an ideal place to stay for a few days. Why not hire a boat?
10) If you have the time, why not head up to Norwich? This city has a thriving market that has stood in the city for 900 years – as well as a magnificent cathedral!
Ferry Transfers Felixstowe
Perhaps you have to get somewhere else from Felixstowe – and fast! Whether you’re going to Harwich to catch a passenger ferry to Holland so you can join your load at the other end, or you need to get a train or bus somewhere, Airport Cars UK can handle your Felixstowe transfer.
Transfer Time from Felixstowe
London Gatwick Airport 111 miles (120-130 minutes)
London Heathrow Airport 119 miles (120-130 minutes)
London Luton Airport 110 miles (120-130 minutes)
London Southend Airport 68 miles (70-80 minutes)
London Stansted Airport 59 miles (65-70 minutes)
Norwich Airport 62 miles (100-110 minutes)
Colchester Rail Station 28 miles (40-45 minutes)
Ebbsfleet International Rail Station 84 miles (90-95 minutes)
Ipswich Rail Station 15 miles (25-30 minutes)
London Kings Cross St Pancras International Rail Station 86 miles (120-130 minutes)
Alternatively, you might need to get to a local business, a hotel, or back home – and wherever it may be, Airport Cars UK’s drivers will know how best to reach that address. Make your booking with us and eliminate any transport worries!