Edinburgh Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Edinburgh Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Edinburgh
Edinburgh has the busiest airport in Scotland, and the fifth busiest in the UK as a whole, handling around 10 million passengers per year.
Nearly half the flights from Edinburgh Airport are domestic, with over a million passengers travelling between there and London Heathrow during the year – and almost three million between Edinburgh and several other UK airports.
Popular with business and leisure travellers alike, the airport also handles flights to many European countries, as well as the USA, Canada, and popular North African destinations.
Whatever the purpose of your flight, the first step of the journey is to get to Edinburgh Airport – and this is where Airport Cars UK come in. We can take you there, whenever you need to be there, at your convenience – and we can do the same if you’ve just landed!
Getting to and from Edinburgh Airport
About eight miles west of Edinburgh city centre, Edinburgh Airport is easily accessible to the city’s residents, as well as people from central and eastern Scotland and the north of England.
Just as easily accessible is Airport Cars UK. Go to the journey calculator above, put your details into the boxes, and book your taxi – or, if an advance booking isn’t possible, simply call our dispatchers on 0044 (0) 330 088 2222 and tell them when and where you need your taxi. We’ll do the rest!
Top 10 things to do in Edinburgh
Scotland’s capital city is just a few miles from the airport, and is definitely worth a visit if you have the time to explore the delights on offer!
1) No trip to Edinburgh would be complete without at least a glance at its glorious castle – and a visit to the famous fortress is even better. You might want to cover your ears if you get there around lunchtime, when the “one o’clock gun” is fired!
2) See the Military Tattoo. Pipes and drums abound at this musical extravaganza, which is held during August. Expect fireworks!
3) Fancy a laugh? Another summer attraction is the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, which is the place to go for stand-up comedy performed by both established and new talent, as well as theatre, dance and music.
4) Keep your festival-going official with a visit to the Edinburgh International Festival, which also runs in August. Enjoy top-flight classical music performances, opera, theatre and art exhibitions.
5) It’s not just August that sees an influx of visitors to Edinburgh, though – it’s a pretty city, and especially when the decorations are up for the festive season. Get your Christmas shopping done in the city centre’s department stores and boutiques, and check out the market!
6) There’s no New Year’s Eve celebration quite like Hogmanay, a fine Scottish tradition. Book a ticket for the Hogmanay Street Party or enjoy a candlelit concert.
7) Whatever the time of year, you can be sure that fine whisky will be available in Edinburgh, so enjoy it in one of the city’s pubs – and pay a visit to the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre after you’ve been to Edinburgh Castle. It’s just a short walk away!
8) Enjoy crime fiction? Take a Rebus tour and explore the famous fictional detective’s favourite haunts. It’s a must for Ian Rankin fans.
9) For more Scottish literature, why not relive your schooldays and sit down while someone reads you a story? The Scottish Storytelling Centre promises a great experience for people of all ages.
10) Enjoy the magnificent view from Arthur’s Seat, in Holyrood Park, and go for a leisurely stroll there – or a hike, if you have the energy!
Airport Transfers Edinburgh
Are you just landing in Edinburgh prior to another leg of your journey? Airport Cars UK can help you to avoid working out the transport options for your transfer in an unfamiliar city. Just call us and tell us where you want to go – or book using the form above!
Transfer Time from Edinburgh Airport
Glasgow Airport 48 miles (45-50 min)
Glasgow Prestwick Airport 70 miles (80-90 min)
Aberdeen Airport 130 miles (160-180 min)
Edinburgh Waverley Rail Station 8 miles (20-25 min)
Haymarket Rail Station 8 miles (15-20 min)
Leuchars Rail Station (for St Andrews) 50 miles (70-75 min)
Aberdeen Ferry Terminal 125 miles (180-190 min)
We don’t just take people to transport interchanges, though – our Edinburgh airport taxis can take you anywhere you need to go. Tell us where you’re staying for the night, or where your conference is being held, and we’ll take you there in a comfortable, stylish taxi. Why not book now?