East Midlands Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
East Midlands Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from East Midlands Airport
The introduction of budget airlines in the 2000s enabled many people to travel to Europe and elsewhere, and sparked off huge growth in passenger numbers at East Midlands Airport.
Today, over 4 million people use the airport, which offers seasonal and all-year-round flights to and from many destinations through airlines such as Ryanair and Thomas Cook. It is particularly popular with people holidaying in Spain – in 2012, seven of its busiest routes involved Spanish airports.
Whether you’re going on a European holiday, taking a domestic flight, or visiting Britain for business or pleasure, it’s easy to get to East Midlands Airport or anywhere in the area with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from East Midlands Airport
It couldn’t be easier to find East Midlands Airport, because it is right next to Junction 23a of the M1 motorway, and just a short drive from Junction 24. Its North West Leicestershire location means that people from Leicester, Derby, Nottingham and Stoke can get to or from the airport in under an hour. Birmingham is also within easy reach via the A42.
With road links like these, it makes perfect sense to travel by taxi, which saves you the hassle of finding a parking space or driving when tired after a flight – and you can get a taxi with no effort at all by inputting your journey details into the journey calculator above.
If you can’t plan that far ahead, no problem – just give us a call on +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and speak to one of our dispatchers.
Top 10 things to do near East Midlands Airport
The East Midlands is full of interesting attractions. Why not visit some of these places?
1) Donington Park. This motorsport circuit is home to the annual Download Festival, hugely popular with rock music fans – and it’s just two miles from the airport!
2) National Space Centre. See spacecraft and all things astronomical at this incredible venue, just a half-hour drive away.
3) Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre. History buffs will really enjoy a visit to the site of Richard III’s defeat to Henry Tudor in 1485 – and it takes just half an hour to get there.
4) Sherwood Forest. Continuing the historical theme, take a trip to the home of Robin Hood and see the mighty Major Oak, which is 800 years old!
5) City of Caves. If you never thought you could access a historic hidden world through a shopping centre, think again – because you can do just that! Take an exciting walk underneath the streets of Nottingham and learn all about its man-made caves.
6) Derby Cathedral. This beautiful Gothic building is the resting place of Bess of Hardwick, and home to peregrine falcons, which have taken up residence on its tower!
7) Rutland Water. Enjoy the wildlife at this designated site of special scientific interest, which lies in the smallest historic county in England.
8) Kedleston Hall. This magnificent National Trust property, seat of the Curzon family, is well worth a visit – especially for movie fans. “The Duchess”, starring Keira Knightley, was filmed here!
9) Rockingham Castle. Just an hour away from the airport, near Corby, you will find this impressive castle. The original structure on this site was built on William the Conqueror’s orders!
10) Trent Lock. Take a walk alongside this major canal and river junction, look at the boats, and enjoy a pub lunch with a canal view.
Airport Transfers East Midlands Airport
If East Midlands Airport is just a brief stop for you as part of your journey, don’t worry about how to get to your next port of call – our drivers can take you to a whole range of other transport hubs at your convenience. Choose Airport Cars UK for your East Midlands transfer!
Transfer Time from East Midlands Airport
Leicester Rail Station 20 miles (30-35 minutes)
Derby Rail Station 14 miles (20-25 minutes)
Nottingham Rail Station 13 miles (25-30 minutes)
Birmingham New Street Rail Station40 miles (40-45 minutes)
Birmingham International Airport 36 miles (35-45 minutes)
If you need an East Midlands Airport taxi to get to your hotel, or you’re on your way to a meeting, we can help. Just input your destination or give us a call, and we’ll make it happen!