Durham Tees Valley Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Durham Tees Valley Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Durham Tees Valley
Not far from Darlington, County Durham, in the North East of England, there is an airport that offers year-round flights to Aberdeen and Amsterdam – as well as seasonal flights to Jersey.
That airport is Durham Tees Valley Airport, and it provides a vital service to people from County Durham and North Yorkshire, who don’t have to go to Newcastle or Leeds Bradford to fly to these destinations.
If you’re flying from Durham Tees Valley, make sure you enjoy an unhurried ride to the airport in good time for check-in by booking a taxi with Airport Cars UK!
Getting to and from Durham Tees Valley
The airport is easily accessible from the A1 and the A66, so a taxi is the ideal mode of transport to and from here. Simply book one through Airport Cars UK by filling in your details above, in the journey calculator – or dial 0044 (0) 330 088 2222 and talk to one of our dispatchers!
Top 10 things to do near Durham Tees Valley
With a beautiful city nearby, as well as interesting towns and glorious countryside, there’s always plenty to do when you leave the airport – so make the most of what’s on offer in the local area!
1) The nearest town is Darlington, so make sure you go – especially if you like independent shops, because there are more than 250 of them here! Eat out, have a drink, and relax after your journey.
2) While you’re there, check out the Head of Steam, a museum whose collections celebrate Darlington’s history as part of the first passenger railway to be steam-driven.
3) Perhaps the biggest attraction in the area is the historic city of Durham, whose castle has a history stretching back to the 11th Century. Today, it’s part of the university – but you can take a guided tour.
5) Pick up some gifts from Durham Indoor Market, whose traders offer an extensive range of local goods. You can also grab a bite to eat in one of the food outlets there.
6) Being an historic city, Durham also has a fine museum. The Durham Museum and Heritage Centre’s collections tell the story of the city from the medieval era to the 20th Century.
7) Children in tow? Take them for some fun at Diggerland, where they can go on some great rides – and even try driving full size diggers. (Actually, adults can have a go at this, too!)
8) If all that activity’s too much for you, why not take in another historic building? Durham has no shortage of them, after all – and you’ll love Finchale Priory, established in the 12th Century. Today, there is a sustainable caravan site nearby!
9) Spend some time in Middlesbrough, home of Captain Cook – whose birthplace museum is located in the picturesque Stewart Park.
10) It only takes an hour to get from the airport to the North York Moors National Park, so if you’re into the Great Outdoors, you can explore moorland, woodland, and coastline. If you don’t fancy putting on your hiking boots, don’t worry – you’ll definitely find something to enjoy in these stunning surroundings!
Airport Transfers Durham Tees Valley
Your journey might not be over when you land at Durham – you could need to get another plane from one of the region’s airports, or hurry to a railway station. Whatever the case, don’t let your next connection worry you – Airport Cars UK will handle your Durham airport transfer!
Transfer Time from Durham Tees Valley Airport
Leeds Bradford Airport 60 miles (80-90 minutes)
Newcastle Airport 45 miles (60-70 minutes)
Darlington Rail Station 7 miles (10-15 minutes)
Durham Rail Station 38 miles (50-60 minutes)
Middlesbrough Rail Station 12 miles (15-20 minutes)
Newcastle Central Rail Station 38 miles (50-60 minutes)
Newcastle Ferry Terminal 40 miles (55-60 minutes)
If you’re not heading for one of these transport hubs, don’t worry – we can still assist you! In fact, Airport Cars UK will take you anywhere you need to go, so don’t worry about making it to that meeting or getting checked into your hotel before you go and see that important client. Use our journey calculator or give us a call now!