Cardiff Airport Taxis
Please use the form below to get a quote or make a booking.
- Fully Licenced Drivers
- Reliable Service
- Secure Booking
- 24hr Customer Service
Cardiff Airport Taxis: Taxi Transfers to and from Cardiff
Just outside Cardiff, the capital of Wales, is an airport that handles over a million passengers a year. Most are taking seasonal flights to European holiday destinations, but there are some flights from Cardiff that run all year – and several of these are to domestic locations.
Whether it’s a flight to Aberdeen, Amsterdam or Alicante you’re taking, one thing’s for certain: you need to turn up in time to check in and board your plane! It’s sometimes difficult to make the right decision about how to get to the airport, though, especially if you’re flying at short notice. What should you do?
Airport Cars UK has the answer. Book a taxi with us! We’ll get you there with time to spare.
Getting to and from Cardiff Airport
Cardiff Airport is about 12 miles away from the city centre, in the Vale of Glamorgan. Close to several A-roads and just a few miles away from the M4, it’s easy for our taxi drivers to take you there – and pick you up, of course.
You can make your booking now, by scrolling up to the journey calculator and inputting a few details. If you need to book at short notice, just call our helpful team of dispatchers on +44 (0) 330 088 2222 and tell them what you need.
Top 10 things to do in Cardiff
Cardiff is packed with exciting things to see and do! Below are a few ideas for you.
2) See some castles! There’s Cardiff Castle, of course, whose history dates back to the 11th Century – and Castell Coch, to the north of the city. Castell Coch looks medieval, but it’s actually Victorian.
3) Go on the waterfront at Cardiff Bay. There’s something for everyone here – and it’s a great place to chill out with a drink or grab a bite to eat. You can really work up an appetite when you’re sightseeing, after all!
4) Watersports enthusiasts will love Cardiff International White Water, which is on Cardiff Bay. Choose from indoor surfing, river boarding, canoeing – and, of course, white water rafting. Fun for all the family!
5) Who would have thought there would be a Norwegian church in Cardiff? Well, there is – once, it was a place of worship but today, it’s an arts centre. That’s rather fitting, considering that the Llandaff-born writer Roald Dahl, whose parents were Norwegian, was baptised there!
6) There’s another arts centre on the Bay, too: Wales Millennium Centre! This is home to the BBC National Orchestra of Wales, the Welsh National Opera, and several other arts organisations.
7) If you prefer sports to the arts, you don’t have far to go to find the Millennium Stadium, which originally hosted the Rugby World Cup in 1999. Since then, many different sporting events have been held here, as well as concerts.
8) Take a trip to Cosmeston Lakes Country Park, which is an ideal place for a fun family day out. Explore the woodlands and meadows, and take a guided tour of the Medieval Village!
9) If the medieval period is too recent for you, go and see Tinkinswood Burial Chamber – it was built 6000 years ago, and is steeped in myth and legend.
10) Fans of the hit TV comedy Gavin and Stacey will be familiar with Barry, just outside Cardiff – and, of course, Barry Island. Enjoy the beach and the amusements!
Airport Transfers Cardiff
You may be interested in many of the above, but have no time to indulge – often, when you land at an airport, you’ve got to think about the next part of the journey. This may involve further air travel, rail travel or a ferry ride – but don’t worry about getting there, because Airport Cars UK will handle your Cardiff airport transfer!
Transfer Time from Cardiff Airport
Bristol Airport 50 miles (60-90 minutes)
Cardiff Central Rail Station 11 miles (30 minutes)
Cardiff Queen Street Rail Station 12 miles (35 minutes)
Swansea Rail Station 42 miles (60 minutes)
Bristol Temple Meads Rail Station 57 miles (75-80 minutes)
Fishguard Ferry Terminal 111 miles (140-150 minutes)
Southampton Ferry Terminal 147 miles (180-190 minutes)
Portsmouth Ferry Terminal 162 miles (180-200 minutes)
If there’s no further travel involved, that still leaves an issue – how do you get to your meeting, your hotel, or back home (if you’re returning from holiday)? Again, just call Airport Cars UK and one of our cars will be ready for you when you need it.